Shopping for Eco-Friendly Gifts for Your Friends and FamilyGiving a thoughtful, eco-friendly gift is a great way to show that you care about our environment.
- Clothing that is made from natural fibres (hemp, linen, wool, cotton). These materials are all-natural and compostable.
- Wooden items including kitchen tools, chopping boards, toys
- Natural bath products and cosmetics in biodegradable or reusable packaging
- Make up a hamper of their favourite gourmet foods
- Natural beeswax candles
- Quality second-hand clothing
- Teaching someone a new skill or hobby
- A plant you've grown yourself presented in a nice pot
- A basket of homegrown fruit and/or vegetables
What Makes a Gift Eco-friendly?
Eco-friendly gifts are gifts that are made from recycled or renewable materials, or that have a minimal impact on the environment. They help to reduce our environmental footprint and preserve natural resources for future generations.
There are many gift items that can be considered eco-friendly. For example, organic cotton clothing, wooden toys, reusable water bottles, and bamboo utensils.
It is important to make sure the gift is environmentally friendly.
It is important to do your research and find out if the gift you are buying is environmentally friendly. You can look for recycled, eco-friendly materials that were made in factories powered by renewable energy sources. The recipient will appreciate your consideration and be happy in the knowledge that their gift ticks all the boxes.
Sustainable Gift Ideas & Alternative
Sometimes, you may find yourself at a loss for a gift idea. If this has happened to you, don't fret! There are plenty of wonderful, affordable gift ideas and alternatives. For example, you could give the gift of a Facebook or Instagram post. You could also give the gift of a subscription to Netflix, Spotify or even to a favourite game.
You can buy eco-friendly gifts without having to break the bank!
There are lots of gifts that you can buy for a loved one that you can feel good about. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get something eco-friendly.