Looking for a guilt-free chocolatey treat? Yes please!
We've blended raw cacao, traditional chai spices and Australian grown loose-leaf tea to create a healthy chai with a subtle chocolate taste.
Perfect as a delicious, after-dinner treat sweetened with a little raw honey.
- Naturally low in caffeine
- No fillers
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Made with Australian tea
- Low in tannin
- Recyclable and compostable plastic-free packaging
Australian grown black loose-leaf tea, *Organic Raw Cacao, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns, Ginger.
*Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants and also contains magnesium, calcium, zinc, copper and selenium.
We use a single blend of black tea from a plantation in tropical far north Queensland, where it's been grown, harvested and packed on the property by the same family since 1978.
How to brew
Chai is traditionally brewed on milk and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method
- In a small milk pan or saucepan, add 1 cup of your favourite milk.
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and bring to a low simmer on the stovetop.
- Brew for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain and serve hot with a dollop of honey.
For a quick cuppa
- Add one heaped teaspoon of chai per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water or hot milk and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve, adding a good dash of milk if brewed in water and a dollop of honey.
This tea is a little bit of heaven in a mug. Love it!
As I opened my mail box I could smell the fragrant chai spices wafting out of the package and yet the package was intact. By the time we enjoyed our first brew, the house smelled like an Indian tea house. We were addicted at first sip. Heavenly.
I was surprised how it was like having a hot chocolate before bed with herbs and spices. Great for a little indulgence.
I expected the chocolate to shine through more. I thought that the spices overpowered the chocolate somewhat....but quite pleasant nonetheless.
The flavour is unique and just beautiful